Wednesday, August 31, 2005

So, What Are You Reading?

A couple of months ago, my cousin posted a list of books he thinks are great, and left it up to readers to add their own. Ted is always listing what is currently on his nighttable. Tracy suggested once in a letter that she thinks she should start a book journal of some kind. On the Bondi Books blog, the writer has a list of what he is currently reading as well as what he has read up until this point (I'm assuming it's a he, but who knows).

So, what are you reading? What am I reading? What have I read?

Jose Saramago's "Stone Raft"
Haruki Murakami's "Norwegian Wood"
Jon McGregor's "If no one speaks of remarkable things"
Jon Krakauer "Under the Banner of Heaven"
Natsuo Kirinho's "Out"
Haruki Murakami's "Sputnik Sweetheart"
J.K. Rowling "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
Michael J. Rosen ed. "The Mirth of a Nation"
Cervantes' "Don Quixote"
Aldous Huxley's "Collected Short Stories"
Yukio Mishima's "Thirst for Love"
Haruki Murakami's "South of the Border, West of the Sun"
Margaret Atwood's "Murder in the Dark," "Good Bones," "The Robber Bride," "Oryx and Crake"
And of course, all the crap books designed for airplanes and beaches and distractions from studying and working, such as Dan Brown and Candace Bushnell...

There's loads more, but my mind is failing me right now.

While searching for the names of author's or the titles of books I can't recall, I have become thoroughly distracted by the huge numbers of books out there I will never even hear about, and started writing a tiny little list -- soon to become a very big one, I am sure -- of things to search for.

No comments: