Friday, April 14, 2006

Ain't too Proud to Beg, Sweet Darlin'

But I guess it all depends on what exactly I might be begging for. For my life, for my job, for my friends, for my family -- in a heartbeat. For good good lovin', for fabulous conversation, for a dance floor, for intellectually stimulating conversation -- why wouldn't I? For beautifully written and enthralling novels, for a fast car that handles like it's on rails (which will undoubtedly lead to me begging off of a speeding ticket or many), for satisfaction, for a good laugh that leaves you with your stomach muscles aching -- I would never even hesitate.

And if you are looking back at the first line, saying, "really? You would beg for your job?" the truth is I would and I sort of did today. I have an excellent job that I am good at (and want to be better at) and there exists the possibility that I will be able to keep it for one more year, and as such, I decided to ask for it. It is not just the job that I am begging for, but the life it allows me to lead -- I do beleive firmly that, as much as possible, I want to work to live, rather than vice versa. Having had one of those jobs that works the other way, I know a good thing when I see it and would be loathe to let it slip through my fingers without even making a try for it.

So now, the waiting. We'll see how it goes. I have a little bit of hope -- not a lot, since there are so many things in the mix that I have no control over -- as I know there are several people who have some say in the matter and are pushing for it to happen. Who knows, but at least I have done my part.

No comments: