Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Procrastination and the Mastery Thereof...

It's not that hard, really, when you think about it (as is evidenced by this first line, meandering around and away and avast of any point I may actually have). Almost a science, really, but more of a magical science I think. You have to be willing to allow yourself to be captured by the big, the tiny, the infinitesimal, the underestimated, the overlooked, the vast, the beyond comprehension. In small doses or large, whatever catches the mind's eye and is able to carry it off into the nether reaches of your dusty mind. And of course, the most important part... It must be in lieu of the perceived necessary or important. But what's that they say about beholders and so forth? Maybe it is all part of the plan to enjoy being human... But none of this will help me get a Masters, will it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
What are the chances that I should stumble back on your blog today?
Could it possibly be due to.... procrastination?

('anonymous'....K's mum!)

Nico said...

Here you are with not so much time on your hands, and you blow some of it on me! I feel blessed! Although... shouldn't you be working on creating some semblance of a Hallowe'en costume? If I am going as your rock star lesbian lover... and your not there... I am going to say we are in the midst of a tiff! The paprazzi will never let us live it down!