Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sleepless Nights

Already it is a week into March and other than work more than I would if I had any say in the matter and an excellent game of bowling (which really depends on your standards. Mine, being low, means that I was ecstatic over having bowled a 158.) and being thrown off a mechanical bull, I have done very little of interest. It got so bad, I was even taking work home with me -- Friday night I was working on school stuff until nearly 12 before I quit for the day, only to resume again on Saturday and Sunday.

There is also the matter of my parental units' impending visit. Only 12 more days before they descend upon my paradise and start asking questions about why everything is the way it is in Japan in loud and oblivious voices. I think I have been here too long, as the thing that is stressing me out the most is the change in volume my palace is going to undergo. I am looking forward to the visit as much as I am dreading it though, as it will be a good chance to show off where I live and work, the friends I have, and how passable my Japanese has become. I have to admit to also looking forward to having someone else cook dinner on the days I am working, as well as an excuse to do some touring in the region. Nothing beats the external impetus you can't quell for motivation.

I do think I will be investing in separate hotel rooms though -- one, for privacy; and two, for peace as my father snores loud enough to be heard through multiple walls and doors...

No comments: