Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Happy Home

I found my new home, and quckly declared it such, much to the surprise of the real estate agent. Located as it is by a river and a rice field, with only 4 other homes on the street, how could I say no. Venturing inside up to the second floor, we quickly opened all the windows and encouraged each other to stick our heads out and enjoy the gorgeous breeze while the bewildered agent looked on in disbelief. We ran up and down the hall, opened all the cupboard doors and skipped across all the tatami floors while trying not to bounce our tall heads into the low ceiling. All the while, I kept saying, "Yes, here. This is where I want to live!!" I will even be able to get past my indoor outhouse which will be my toilet (there has to be a reason why rent is only 45,000/month for a 4K house). Yes, I am very much looking forward to living there and have been slightly more energized in my packing since discovering it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does this mean you can bring yur heated toilet seat with you. How do you have an outhouse inside the house? and where is the bath or shower. Is 45,000 a lot? what is a 4k house? What town is it in? Does this mean I get to visit again? Where will you be working? Mom

Nico said...

Questions, questions, all these questions. Indoor outhouse is just another way for me to say it has an environmentally friendly toilet that doesn't use water, or a hole in the ground with very pretty tiling around it. I don't think you would want to use it actually... 45000 for the size of the place isn't very much. And 4K house means there are 4 rooms plus a kitchen. This doesn't include the shower or toilet rooms. The town is Niimi (technically a city) and yeah, you can visit again. I will be working in a variety of schools in Niimi city.