Thursday, July 13, 2006

Oppression is in the Air

The clouds have hung heavy and low in the sky for the past few days. Except for a very brief reprieve this morning when they cleared out for a brief glimpse of the sun, we have been living in the grey. The clouds themselves wouldn't be so bad, but they are holding in the heat and humidity better than my apartment ever does in the winter. It has been in the low thirties and humid every day lately, making every movement feel like a life-draining effort. I attempted to go jogging last night, but I just felt like I was drowning in the air. And yet, I have friends that love this, whilst I am hoping for the days to return where I can start the day without sweating getting up out of bed. Ha, all you people in Vancouver that think it's humid -- bite me. You got no idea what you're talkin' about.

2 comments:

Edward J. Taylor said...

Come on in, the water's fine...

Nico said...

I just need a breeze...