Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

Get them wagons rolling...

Well, I have no wagons, just a little tiny car with the most impractical trunk in the world and several friends willing to help me move with their slightly more spacious vehicles. And the only thing holding me up is my own sense of the "laze." In fact, I think I have it well and truly mastered. Instead of packing up my books, I watch videos. Instead of boxing up blankets and throwing away unwanted pillows, I go jogging. Instead of throwing away my old and crappy clothes, I talk to friends on the phone or go out with them. And things are starting to pile up (especially on my desk chair where I am not studying Japanese, but rather collecting clean laundry).

But not to worry -- I always come through in the end. And the end will invariably be one of the hottest days in July and I will sweat it out, but I will get it done and it will be glorious (the finishing, not so much the doing). Yes, yes it will. Or so I keep humouring myself...

2 comments:

-c said...

If you're throwing away pillows, toss one my way! Oh, how I remember the days of yore in Japan when I had too much stuff... Now, I own nothing. E and I just bought one pillow, one sheet, one blow-up mattress and one towel. Could use a bookcase if you've got one...

Nico said...

Pillows, pillows, I got pillows. And bookcases. And books. And loads of other crap. I'll pass it all over when you come and pick it up. ;)