Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Let's Get Physical!

Yesterday afternoon, I was subjected to yet another physical. Not that it is really all that bad, it's just the whole "I hate needles and turn purple every time I get stuck with one" thing that causes me angst. Other than that it was all good.

The highlights? They wonder why I don't black out or faint on a regular basis because apparently my heart only thumps away at 43 beats per minute. And that was with me nervous (going to the doctor always speeds it all up a little) I have rather low blood pressure, which is why when I used to give blood it always took ages, with me sitting there clenching and unclenching my fists. And according to the doctor, everything else was okay (but I can't honestly say I know what the everything else was, as he rambled through it very quickly in Japanese medical terms with which I am wholly unfamiliar).

Maybe this whole slow heart thing runs in the family, as I remember laughing about Mindstar's "My dad could get cable with all the wires he's wearing" post...

No comments: