Monday, December 05, 2005

Bloody Earth

The red salvia in the schools central garden have been weighed down by the snow today. It looks like the earth has been done irreperable harm as flashes of crimson red burst out from under the snow in cracks and crevices.

It snowed for a couple of hours this morning, creating a gorgeous covering, however it couldn't keep it up as the weather warmed just enough to create a little slush. Roads should prove to be an adventure this evening when I hope to go for a walk. I may have to venture out before dark after all.

The vice-principal, being the kind soul she is, is trying to send everyone home as early as possible, rather than having lingerers until 6:30 or 7. May as well get caught in a mess of slush and useless drivers -- certainly better than ice and ineptness.

I am trapped waiting, waiting, waiting for one of the 6th grade teachers to appear. Next week is the gingerbread cookie cooking disaster and it must be well planned or true chaos will overcome. Ingredients need to be bought, times decided upon, and loins girded.

Looking forward to returning home tonight to leftovers, videos, music and a warm kerosene heater. Happiness is not a warm gun, in fact a warm gun would fall short for several miles. Happiness is instead a mixer and a stack of CDs, as I got so excited playing last night I forgot to sleep until well past my intended witching hour.

2 comments:

-c said...

I like the image of the bleeding Earth covered in white snow...
Stay warm, my dear, and I'll keep an eye on this 75F, windy Cali weather for you!

Nico said...

Sure, that's exactly what I need to keep me warm -- images of someone else lolling about in sunny Cali weather. Hrmph. And to continue in the weather vein, just read on CBC that Canada, and possibly other places -- good chance Japan is included in that too I figure -- are in for a colder than normal December. Luvverly.