Thursday, December 15, 2005

No More Teachers, No More Students, No More Work

... for 3 weeks at least. Last class of the day was what is probably my worst class in the entire school, but it was an activity that called for lots of running around and chaos, so it suited them well, and didn't make me feel like walking out like I desperately wanted to do last week.

Flying out tomorrow, and tonight will be my usual last minute packing chaos. However, this time, it is not entirely my own procrastination at fault. I did my laundry on Tuesday, and I have been waiting since then for it all to dry out. Last night, I even had it hanging in front of a heater, but to little or no effect. I am hoping that tonight it will dry out at least enough that I don't feel soggy wearing some of it tomorrow. It still has a little bit of time, as I have to run a couple of errands in Yonago before I return home.

I have been given a couple of presents from the principal and vice-principal to give to my parents when I return home. I don't know what they are, but they are beautifully wrapped, and were thoughtfully presented still in the Takashimaya bag. Just so you know nobody cheaped out on the prezzies.

Everyone keeps commenting on how excited I must be to see my family again, especially after a year away, but I explain, actually, my family won't be there until Sunday. When they ask why, I reply that they are travelling. They are all going to be at my grandfather's 90th birthday celebration in Prince George, leaving me to relax in peace, try and recover some sleep, and order a pizza. I am so excited about the pizza bit, as I haven't lived within delivery range for 5 years and am already tasting the possibilty in my mouth.

Unfortunately, as much as I was looking forward to going dancing when I go home, I may be disappointed once again, unless I can drag my brother and his girlfriend out. I love my friends, but they are kind of lame sometimes. I finally am going somewhere with a variety of clubs to choose from, and I am not going to be able to go. Perhaps, just perhaps, I can convince Leanne to come all the way in from PoCo, but I think most of them just don't understand the situation. The desperation. The delayed gratification. The deprivation.

3 comments:

-c said...

Have an awesome trip and tasty pizza!

Edward J. Taylor said...

Aren't ya glad your 'Nog friends ain't half as lame?

Nico said...

I just can't get over the difference between the rural Nog'ers and the 'couverites... Guilt will be taken advantage of.