Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Miscellany

Yesterday, a student was wearing a t-shirt with "A sound only I can perceive" written across it.

5 day work weeks are just too long. 4, or even 4 and a half, would make me very happy. It's not even Wednesday and I am counting days until the weekend.

I slept in until 7:50 twice last week, and it was only a 4 day week. I have taken to using 2 alarm clocks now. A little worying.

My apartment, being the shape that it is, was acting as a wind-catcher last night. Plants and trees and palms were whipping around in the garden, lashing about like a tornado was on its way. Yet when I went outside to go for a ramble, there was nothing. All bundled up as I was against the wind, it all proved unnecessary as I walked past a businessman in shirtsleeves.

I think I would like to try out being a DJ for a little while. I might actually have to buy decks though, as I don't think you can get any better without actually practicing once in a while. But I also want to be in the foreign service. And I want to be a teacher. I could probably do the teacher thing and the DJ thing, but I imagine it would be a little difficult to travel my ever-expanding music collection around the globe.

Christmas is almost here and I have no idea what to get my father. Last year, I used a brilliant stolen idea and gave him loads and loads of music I thought he might like, copied out of my collection, so I could add some to that this year. But it needs a little something more... And for Jason, I am thinking about giving him a used gift, which sounds kind of wrong, but I think would probably be appreciated. It's a Sony digital camera, and it is far better than the one he and his girlfriend brought to Japan a couple of years ago, and would come with all the accessories as well as a new memory card. Which actually costs as much as the present I would probably end up buying them were I home. So I guess it is really a memory card, with a camera and stuff included.

How bad do you think it hurts if you burst an eardrum? And what does it take to pop it? The last 2 times I have flown, I have been in immense pain when the plane is descending. It always feels as though my left ear is going to explode from the pressure, while I sit there pressing my hand against it, trying not to cry.

Women are nuts. This includes me, however I am not nearly so bad as some,and they are usually the some that don't deserve to have such a decimated opinion of themselves. It is so bad that they lack the confidence to go up to a man and ask him to dance. I want to smack these women I love and scream and shout until they see what I see, but I know it is never going to happen. Never. And I want to cry.

On the other hand, I am revelling in my power. At DNA, a friend thought a boy was cute, but was too worried to approach him. Then, we saw him trapped in a corner with bitter-bitter girl and grew worried. It was suggested I go get him, then there was the "oh shit" realization crossing her face as she remembered that I will do that sort of thing. And I did. Dragging 2 behind, we walked over. Right before the final approach, I turned to Diane and said, "I am about to be very rude." As bitter-bitter girl turned to speak to a friend, I made the international come hither gesture with a finger and he followed us onto the dance floor. Where the shy girl I stole him for proceeded to ignore him. . . I just don't get it. I have had friends do similiar things for me before, and trust me, I always do my best on the follow-through. If I lose out, I lose out. So be it. Yep. Women are bloody nuts.

2 comments:

Edward J. Taylor said...

Women certainly ARE nuts. But therein lies the fun, like running a different maze every time, with sex the cheese at the end. (Did I just infer all men are rats?)

Nico, I'll dance with ya, though with me it's less like dancing and more like epileptic aerobics.

And you ROCK as a DJ...

Nico said...

I hope you had your hand held up in the devil sign when you typed that last bit.

And of course I'd love to get the dance on with you, you spastic fool.