Thursday, November 10, 2005

Study buddy

Cian is busy cramming for the level 3 Japanese language test in early December, and called last night to inquire about the test's format. He has been enjoying the studying lately, even getting so into it that when Sachiko asked him to do some work yesterday, he got a little "narky."

It's strange how into studying you can get, especially when considering how into it you didn't get when you had to do it the first time around. As one of those people who dropped out of university only to go back after a couple of years, I realized then what a difference it makes if you are studying because you want to, and the subject matter is something you actually have interest in.

My Japanese study has been sliding for a while, however in the past few days I have managed to rekindle my interest, even more so after talking to Cian and realizing how much better his Japanese is getting. If he keeps it up, he will soon pass me as all the things I have learned flee my mind. To quote Will, "I have forgotten more Japanese than I ever knew."

No comments: