Friday, June 02, 2006

Failing Lunch

Eating lunch with one of the 4th year classes today, it was 2 boys, their teacher, and I making up the lunch group. And it was the first time I found out that lunch is actually a study period. It is structured similiarly to a class and as such, is considered 勉強. I didn't actually ask what would be required to fail lunch, but I am thinking I probably would as I always leave food behind, I am constantly playing with or talking to the kids, and I don't really help with the clean-up.

Could you imagine? "Yes, Mrs. Morita. We are very sorry but we are going to have to hold Wataru back a year. You see, he just isn't doing very well at lunch. We really don't feel that he understands the concept."

1 comment:

-c said...

have you noticed how Ue-kun's Gochizosama's are a little rushed? I think he needs one more year in the second grade to practice...