Friday, June 09, 2006

Life After JET

Who knows if it actually exists, but I will be finding out soon enough. I am just not certain that life after JET will be life after Japan. It is likely I may be around for a little while yet.

Last Saturday, I went to Osaka for a two and a half hour job interview. Fortunately it was a two and a half hour interview, as the bus ride one way is three and a half hours, and it really would have sucked had it been for a twenty minute interview. Although, that would have given me more time for shopping...

In the past 11 years, if not longer -- and I do think it is actually longer -- I have had 3 job interviews, including the one just past. I suppose it bodes well, as I got the job each time I interviewed, but I harbour a mild concern that the law of averages are gonna kick me in the teeth sometime soon. I have a suspicion life isn't supposed to go that smoothly all the time, and one of these is going to be a job I really want, and will fail miserably at the interview. However, that day has yet to come, so I will put off worrying for a while longer.

No comments: