Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Validation

...even if not my own.

In conversation with Diane the other night over a delicious salad and some yummy risotto (even if you didn't use the real rice, it was very delicious and I will have to get the recipe off of you), she mentioned an activity she had recently done with some of her high school students. In an attempt to make them practice using, "My favourite ~ is --," she had them write some sentences. Apparently two boys turned in papers with the sentence, "My favourite teacher is Rachael." Rachael was in her second and last year way back when I was in my first, working solely in elementary schools in Yonago. It's always nice to find out that what we do here has some kind of lasting effect on the kids we are in touch with.

And before Rachael left, I told her that when I grow up, I would like to be like her. Hasn't happened yet -- either the growing up or the being more like her...

No comments: