Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Disaster that is Me

I am not the tidiest person in the world by any means. I have never been good at getting my stuff together and hidden nicely away. Generally, I tend towards sprawl, and I would like to place some of the blame firmly on my spacious living quarters and some on the winter.

In the winter, I get changed in the rooms that are warm, which means at night in my bedroom, and in the morning, I use the bathroom. However my closet is my spare room which is far too cold to venture into during either evening or dawn hours (dawn is probably a bit of a stretch; 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 is dawn as far as I am concerned) which means clothes either end up laid out on the floor at the end of my futon, or tossed in the laundry basket. And once the laundry is all dried and done, I generally toss it on to the desk in the kitchen, as it never dries until the heat has been on for a few hours at night.

Recently (well, how recently can 2 weeks ago be?) I returned home from a trip to my other home with 2 massive suitcases, utterly exhausted and so dropped the suitcases in the hall, where they still lay, and went straight to bed. The next day, I ripped into one of them to find something to wear, and that is how it has been going ever since. As I walk down the hall every morning, I dip into the suitcases to find something to wear, or I accompany it with something out of my various stockpiles of clothes. Again, I really have only to move it around the corner into my spare room to get it out of sight and start my whole process of putting everything away but... Being the procrastinator that I am, I am making the project bigger and bigger in my mind, deciding that I should start culling my old clothes now, figuring out what to get rid of before the return home, which means this should all come to a head in March. Promising, isn't it.

So there is actually a good reason for me not allowing people into my apartment right now, and I am not just making it up when I say that, "no, you really can't come in."

No comments: