Friday, January 13, 2006

Untitled

..due to a creative dearth. All my energies and creative juices are now directed to keeping my job. This doesn't mean my position is under threat - at least not while I am here - but for future ALTs, as my position may be cut due to budgetary concerns.

In order to keep my position in the school after I am gone, I have been volunteered to teach the demonstration English in the Elementary School class for all of western Tottori. Very exciting. No pressure.

Foolishly, I chose to have it with a 6th grade class. It is not the class which is a problem as they are fairly energetic (or perhaps I should say, not entirely apathetic?) and the teacher is pretty game for everything. My problem is the syllabus, which states this open class will be the second, and last, class of a 2 class unit on New Year's games. I am having a wee bit of difficulty figuring out how to make it last, still be interesting, and hopefully use some English beyond eye, nose, left, and right. Currently leaning towards throwing in a quiz in Japanese regarding other countries New Year's customs.

I think I deserve at least one cocktail tonight...

No comments: