Friday, October 14, 2005

Daycare

Next to my house is a large town community centre that offers services like daycare, fitness classes, swimming lessons and other random assorted whatevers. Everyday, walking to work, I pass by the huge windows that surround the daycare centre and see the large Hello Kitty clock hung on one of the pillars. It has the standard pink and white checked frame, as well as the added bonus of a cut-out under the 12 where two Hello Kitty figures stand. Having never been by there on the hour, I am only assuming that they dance or spin or some such when the hour passes, but that is not my favourite part. My favourite part is that it is a senior citizens daycare centre.


Good to see everyone is being treated with the honour and respect they deserve after having reached such a ripe old age. Or, that they have a pretty funky sense of humour, which would make me even happier. Or, there is absolutely no sarcasm at all, and people have reverted to their childhood.

No comments: