Tuesday, October 18, 2005

If You Were My Head, You'd Know Where It Hurts

I have caught my first cold of the winter season and have been suffering from a headache since Friday morning. Not helped by having to get up early Saturday morning after having foolishly agreed to help Kaori at the International Exchange Foundation's "Hello Hokki" combined festival and charity flea market. I was the person in charge of music, which only meant I would press play on the stereo when the performers were ready. Extremely fulfilling.

The day was followed with a far more exciting request for musical supplements when Cian called to request I be one of the Halloween party DJs. I don't imagine I will get much time, as it looks like there are 4 DJs and 6 live performances happening, but at least it will be my music when I get to play it.

I then spent a couple of hours before going to bed listing songs, thinking of songs, playing songs I could use at the party, and now I am at a loss as to which direction to go in: Brit pop, funk, motown, top 40 (style, but not exactly), eighties. I have decided that whomever plays DJ after The Satuday Night Blues Band should definitely lead with "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis and remixed by JXL.

Whatever, I'll figure it out later, hopefully after I have made my costume. Once again, the bad fairy is to be set loose on the unsuspecting.

No comments: