Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ode on a Heated Toilet Seat

It coddles me in the morning and soothes me late at night.
Whilst all around me the air brings nought but chills,
The warmth that is exuded there leaves me content and placid.
I look forward to the moment when I can use my head at home,
As the pink plastic rings at school only bring me to tears of shock.
I fully understand why toilets of squat have gained prevalence in Japan,
The home of central heating's demise. Tis truly one of those pleasures
I shall miss.


(I'm pretty sure Keats' Ode on a Grecian Urn was Ode on, wasn't it? Obviously, I am not yet up to his level of writing but, hey, it's a toilet seat.)

2 comments:

Edward J. Taylor said...

Keats was indeed "on," though if you composed while disposed on dis commode, it was truly an "ode on a toilet seat." Or "Ode on a warm commode."

Anyway, I'm done lurking. In keeping with the benjo lingo, I finally felt like piping in.

Nice set at the party. Who knew you DJ'ed? Let's do the time warp again, again...

Nico said...

I thought it was "on" but I have been out of high school for so long...