Friday, October 07, 2005

Little Tiny Things

Today, a travelling play visited the school and I got to chat with some of the actors after who had recently come back from a play and puppet conference in Montreal. They enjoyed it immensely and hope to go back one day. They also look forward to perhaps meeting me in Osaka.

At lunchtime, a 2nd year student was wondering around, looking utterly bereft. He had lost the 10 yen coin he so carefully (well, maybe not so carefully) kept tucked away in the back of his nametag. I offered to help him find it, meeting him outside of the student lobby, where I quickly spotted the coin. He walked away well satisfied.

During morning reading with a 2nd year class yesterday, where I used my white mouse puppet and their insanity, I met Tomohisa in the hall. He bowed very, very low, and offered gratitude in his best Japanese.

Before my 6th year class at Aimi, I met one of the special needs boys in the hallway, where we proceeded to have a brief conversation about Halloween, he in his very soft-spoken voice, causing me to slow down, just a little.

No comments: