Thursday, February 23, 2006

Flotsam

Holy horrible meetings Batman! I forgot that once again we have approached that time of year when everything must start being discussed down to the minute detail so as to prepare for next year. Time will be spent poring over the most irrelevant information, delving into the depths of things like 秋芸実集会 or 参観日, the 6th grade 送り会 or the items students have in their pencil cases. And nothing new will be decided. Options will be bandied about, suggestions lobbed into the mix, and in the end, they will decide to do it the exact same way as last year, despite numerous complaints and requests. And all the while, I will be leaning back in the chair, banging my head against the wall, thinking, "WHY AM I HERE???" and, "If I knock myself out, I won't have to endure this anymore..." You can only imagine the pain I suffer.

Hostage negotiations appear to be over, as Pete yesterday sent a message saying he had decided to drop both the Gorillaz and Jamiroquai from his set. But you see, now I have been planning on doing without, and I am not sure I will be using them either... Such a waste, such a waste.

At dinner last night with a friend, I realized how much my head has shifted. She watched some Japanese girls walk by, and commented how much she would like to look like them, or at least be that thin. My automatic reaction was to say, "Never. I do not want to look like a Japanese girl. Thinner, sure, but that's it. And not that thin anyways." Where would all my good bits go if I looked like a J-girl? I like having hips, breasts, actual curves... Which is quite a leap from where my head was when I got here 5 years ago. Self-satisfaction is a beautiful thing, provided I don't venture over into the realm of the self-obsessed...

Cookies, cookies and more cookies. Last night I made my finally delivery of cookies to my cute waiter, who rapidly scarfed them down, followed by much gratitude and bowing, as well as apologies for having to work until 5am on weekends, and for having caught influenza last week, thus unable to be at work when I came by.


PS. Due to Ted's recent outing of my blog, which had remained pleasantly unknown until about a week ago, I feel the presence of lurkers out there. Stop in and say hi sometime...

2 comments:

-c said...

Hi!
I just out-ed you on my blog too:)

I wouldn't want to look like a J-girl either, but I sure wouldn't mind ogling your J-waiter!

Nico said...

et tu -c?

And absolutely, ogle away. See if I can't get you a picture... I shall have to ogle away a little myself before the party tomorrow, and I am very very very much looking forward to it.