Friday, February 03, 2006

Groundhog Day

While eating breakfast this morning, I was watching snowflakes fall into my garden. They weren't coming in any great number, in fact, the first one I spotted barely caught my eye -- I thought it was surely dust or something. Thirty seconds or so later, I spotted another. It was a full minute or so before I caught a glimpse of a third. All the while the sun was shining down and the air was warming up. I didn't even wear my coat to work this morning ( I carried it -- not that much of a fool).

Later, before checking my email, I read about our Canadian groundhogs and the cross country agreement that winter is nearly over. Then, the snow started to come down a little more earnestly. About an hour ago, it started to stick with dedication, rather than melting into oblivion.

So much for going jogging, or wearing my party shoes out on the town later.

No comments: