Monday, February 20, 2006

Hostage Negotiations

Over the weekend, I started once again aurally poring through my music in an attempt to cull a decent party set for next Saturday night. Out of concern that Pete and I may repeat some stuff, leaving me a little short as he is before me, I contacted him to find out what he has been thinking about. The conversation was going well, no conflicts, until... "Do you know JET?" "You mean, 'Are you gonna be my girl?' " "Yeah, that's it." "Nooooo, I'm playing that!" "Really? Oh, well, I was just re-listening to my music and came across it, thought it would be good." "Noooo..." "Oh, alright then, you can have it." "I'll see if I can't come up with something else so I can give it back to you."

And I started looking for something else. Until I got the email that said, "I think I might also throw in the Gorillaz." to which I hurriedly sent back, "Not 'Feel Good, Inc.'?" This prompts Pete to phone, "Of course!! It's the best song off the album!!" "I was really hoping you might have meant some of their older stuff." "And Jamiroquai, I thought I might throw in some Jamiroquai as well." "Which album?" "'Dynamite.'" "Really? Crap. Then I am definitely keeping JET." Who knows how many others will fall...

At least Pete has only got a short set -- I have a chance to keep some of my other stuff at least, partly because he doesn't have it, and partly because he won't have the time.

2 comments:

-c said...

There are some sabotage tricks I learned back when I was running for Miss California. Let me know if you need any suggestions...

Nico said...

And here I thought I could just flash him...