Monday, February 27, 2006

Party Party Party Party

... to quote a Bran Van 3000 song (which I sadly was unable to use Saturday as I ran out of time).

The Chavs were out in quality Saturday night, although I expect some were unintentional. Cian, Pete, Diane and Gray made quite the fashion oblivious quartet, looking more like a group of scally teenagers than the adults they really are. My first sighting of Diane, seated next to an equally style-challenged Cian led to uncontrolled howls of laughter on my part, as she had so well-personified the essence of the event, and seated next to Cian as she was, I couldn't help but get the sneaking suspicion something was bound to be up later... (For my part, I only went so far as to wear a plumber's jacket and gold hoop earrings, having plans with potential for later in the evening. Explaining the whole essence of Chav may have been a little difficult in a second language, and so I thought it best not to push my luck.)

The music was rocking, the beers were flowing (straight out of the can, naturally, as who'd want to unnecessarily class it up with a glass that could later be a weapon), Gray was dancing, Cian was singing, Pete was DJing, and Diane was just perfect. All in all, it was a good night made all the better by the quality friends I was surrounded with. As Diane later commented, it was as if it was our party, and everyone else was there just to make up the numbers.

The Hi! High? party was followed with good conversation in Missile as various people drifted in and out, followed by even more good conversation as plans came to fruition. And it shall be left at that for now.

2 comments:

-c said...

Always with your elusive plans coming to fruition... :)

Wish I could have seen all the kids dressed up for the party! You know I would have tried my best to blend in too...(though I mighta needed some of your costuming skills...)

Seeing any of them "style-challenged" would be a blast!

Got any pictures?

Nico said...

Yep, quality photo of Cian, Pete and Diane all decked out. I'll forward it to you.